ORLANDO DUI ATTORNEYS
FIGHT YOUR DRUNK DRIVING CHARGES
If you or someone you know has been charged with DUI, it is crucial that you act as quickly as possible. Our Orlando DUI defense lawyers work closely with our clients to build a strong and strategic defense on their behalf.
A DUI conviction in Florida will carry mandatory penalties that could affect your reputation for years to come. Not only that but a DUI conviction can make it difficult to secure employment, student loans, and housing, creating many obstacles.
efficiency, quality of support, and courtroom success. Our goal is to create a culture of success, focusing on achieving favorable results on behalf of our clients. Make sure you get the defense of a former prosecutor on your side by calling our firm today. We have helped thousands of clients get their lives back on track, including those who were accused of driving while under the influence.
FLORIDA DUI PENALTIES
A DUI conviction may result in a wide range of penalties, such as probation, fines, license suspensions/revocations, and even jail time. Our Orlando DUI attorneys are here to help you avoid, reduce, or minimize the potential penalties and charges you may face.
YOU CAN FIND A SUMMARY OF FLORIDA DUI PENALTIES LISTED BELOW:
- First offense: Up to $1,000 in fines, 1-year probation, up to 1-year license suspension, up to 6 months in jail, counseling, community service hours.
- Second offense (within 5 years): A maximum of $2,000 in fines, up to 5-year license suspension, 1-year probation, up to 1 year in jail, car impounded for at least 30 days, ignition device for at least 1 year, counseling classes.
- Second offense (beyond 5 years): The same as the above-mentioned penalties, except only a maximum of 1-year license suspension and a minimum of 10-day impound enforcement.
- Third conviction (within 10 years): Felony on record, up to $5,000 in fines, 10-year license suspension, up to 5 years’ probation, 90-day impoundment, up to 5 years in jail, at least 2 years of an ignition interlock device.
- Third conviction (beyond 10 years): Misdemeanor on record, up to $5,000 in fines, up to 1-year license suspension, up to 1 year jail time, at least 2 years of an ignition interlock device, counseling.
- Fourth conviction (felony): Up to $5,000 in fines, permanent license suspension, up to five years on probation and in jail, mandatory counseling.
If a minor was a passenger in the vehicle or you had a BAC of .15 or higher, you could face even more severe penalties.
FIELD SOBRIETY TESTS
If you are pulled over in Martinsburg for a suspected DUI, the officer is likely going to perform a field sobriety test to determine of you are intoxicated. The Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) is made of up 3 individual tests:
- For Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) test the officer will observe the eyes of the person as they slowly move a pen back and forth to look for signs that the person is under the infleunce.
- For Walk-and-turn test the officer instructs the person to take nine steps in a straight line and the return back. While this is happening, the officer is looking for signs, such as not being able to keep their balance or not following the instructions properly, that person is intoxicated
- For One-leg stand test the officer instructs the person to stand with one foot off the ground and hold it until told to put it down. The officer looks for signs of impairment such as swaying, hoping or using their arms to balance.
Have more questions about DUI penalties in Orlando? Allow the DUI attorneys at our firm to provide the support and counsel you need today!