Attorneys Who Know How to Help You
ORLANDO DUI ATTORNEYS
FIGHT YOUR DRUNK DRIVING CHARGES
If you or someone you know has been charged with DUI, it is crucial that you act as quickly as possible. Our Orlando DUI defense lawyers work closely with our clients to build a strong and strategic defense on their behalf.
A DUI conviction in Florida will carry mandatory penalties that could affect your reputation for years to come. Not only that but a DUI conviction can make it difficult to secure employment, student loans, and housing, creating many obstacles.
Experienced DUI Attorneys in orlando with Over 30 Years of Experience
At Longwell Lawyers, we care about our clients and their specific criminal cases. Through proven protocols and procedures, we are able to maximize efficiency, quality of support, and courtroom success. Our goal is to create a culture of success, focusing on achieving favorable results on behalf of our clients. Make sure you get the defense of a former prosecutor on your side by calling our firm today. We have helped thousands of clients get their lives back on track, including those who were accused of driving while under the influence.
FLORIDA DUI PENALTIES
A DUI conviction may result in a wide range of penalties, such as probation, fines, license suspensions/revocations, and even jail time. Our Orlando DUI attorneys are here to help you avoid, reduce, or minimize the potential penalties and charges you may face.
YOU CAN FIND A SUMMARY OF FLORIDA DUI PENALTIES LISTED BELOW:
Please note: If a minor was a passenger in the vehicle or you had a BAC of .15 or higher, you could face even more severe penalties.
- First offense: Up to $1,000 in fines, 1-year probation, up to 1-year license suspension, up to 6 months in jail, counseling, community service hours.
- Second offense (within 5 years): A maximum of $2,000 in fines, up to 5-year license suspension, 1-year probation, up to 1 year in jail, car impounded for at least 30 days, ignition device for at least 1 year, counseling classes.
- Second offense (beyond 5 years): The same as the above-mentioned penalties, except only a maximum of 1-year license suspension and a minimum of 10-day impound enforcement.
- Third conviction (within 10 years): Felony on record, up to $5,000 in fines, 10-year license suspension, up to 5 years’ probation, 90-day impoundment, up to 5 years in jail, at least 2 years of an ignition interlock device.
- Third conviction (beyond 10 years): Misdemeanor on record, up to $5,000 in fines, up to 1-year license suspension, up to 1 year jail time, at least 2 years of an ignition interlock device, counseling.
- Fourth conviction (felony): Up to $5,000 in fines, permanent license suspension, up to five years on probation and in jail, mandatory counseling.
If you are pulled over in Martinsburg for a suspected DUI, the officer is likely going to perform a field sobriety test to determine of you are intoxicated. The Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) is made of up 3 individual tests:
- For Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) test the officer will observe the eyes of the person as they slowly move a pen back and forth to look for signs that the person is under the influence.
- For Walk-and-turn test the officer instructs the person to take nine steps in a straight line and the return back. While this is happening, the officer is looking for signs, such as not being able to keep their balance or not following the instructions properly, that person is intoxicated
- For One-leg stand test the officer instructs the person to stand with one foot off the ground and hold it until told to put it down. The officer looks for signs of impairment such as swaying, hoping or using their arms to balance.
Choosing the Right DUI Attorney in Orlando, FL
Have more questions about DUI penalties in Orlando? Allow the DUI attorneys at our firm to provide the support and counsel you need today!
Very professional and knowledgeable.
“He made a scary experience easy to navigate. I would recommend him and his firm to anyone who needs legal advice.”
We Are So Grateful
“Would highly recommend Longwell Lawyers to anyone. Best experience I've had so far with dealing with an attorney.”
The attorneys at Longwell Lawyers are consummate professionals who provide exemplary service to their clients.
“The attorneys at Longwell Lawyers are consummate professionals who provide exemplary service to their clients. Specifically, Carmen Tankersley is one of the finest attorneys I have had the pleasure of knowing, and I would highly recommend her. Carmen goes ”
“He has an impeccable team behind him some of the best customer service I have ever experienced.”
They Change Lives
“They walked me through the entire process with ease. I am so thankful they worked very hard and achieved justice for my case.”
We're highly-educated and never stop learning in order to best serve you.
an effective Strategy
We apply our knowledge in the courtroom to represent you with excellence.
HELPFUL AND INFORMATIVE Communication
We're highly reachable and communicative at every step of the process.
Fair PricingWe strive to give top-tier service at reasonable rates; we'll do it the right way.
DECADES OF SUCCESS AND GREAT RESULTS
We're highly respected in the legal community for our dedication to excellence.